Thursday, April 10, 2014

Life is Better with a Friend

Where would we be without our friends?  They make the day a bit brighter, the load slightly easier to bear, and the journey sweeter.

I've come to value friendships differently over the years.  I've come to appreciate and accept my need for friendship.

I'm not one to seek out friends.  Chalk it up to introversion or just independence -- I'm comfortable reading by myself for hours; I enjoy strolling through shops, and even sipping coffee at a cafe by myself. I'm not too intimidated to see a movie by myself if I so feel the urge.

But I have found that life is sweeter with a friend by my side.  Yes, it takes a little extra emotional energy, and it takes planning and space and time.  But in the end, I always find that there is a soul-deep satisfaction to sharing experiences with another.  A heart connection often made when I least expect it.

And when I peek out of my shell and look around, I find, too, that good friends aren't as rare as I thought them to be.  Life has taught me that we all have our struggles, our insecurities.  Yours may look different than mine, but we all have them.

So why not share life together? 

Why not allow someone else to share in your joys and struggles as you share in theirs?  

You never know, you may just find a friend for the journey.

No comments: