Friday, April 4, 2014

Five Minute Friday: "Writer"

The label "writer" brings to the fore all my inner qualms -- and my closely held dreams.

If I were to just talk about writing, that would be fine.  I can write.

But am I a writer?  

It's an aspiration. 
But then there are doubts.
Like, what do I have to write about?
Do I have the time, discipline, and calling to write a real book?
Is this the right season in my life?
 So far the answer impressed on my heart is "Wait."  
Wait  for the revelation.  
Wait  for the "due season."  
Wait.

So I write for my humble little blog.  And I store away my volumes of diaries and journals stretching back to the fourth grade.  And I mentally sort through various genres and subjects about which I could write -- one day.  But for now put on hold.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Julie, Visiting from FMF. Love your honesty and I think that we all who desire to write feel as you do. We want to write, but are we really writers? Blessings to you as you wait on God's timing for more writing. You will have so much material when the time comes! How exciting that will be.

Kesha George said...

You make me want to write in waiting. :) Thank you for this piece. Blessings and favour in your season of waiting.

Unknown said...

Me too, Julie! I share the same questions/desires. Have you visited Faith Village's writer's forum? They have lots of helpful info. You might want to link your blog up there, too. ;-)

Julie Lewis said...

Thank you, ladies, for your encouraging comments! I will look up the Faith Village forum, Kerry. Thanks for the tip!