Friday, July 11, 2014

Five Minute Friday: BELONG

Belong. A fitting word as we've just come home from a week-long vacation.  My home is where I belong.  My family is where I belong.  But do they feel the same way?

Does my 4-year-old feel that sense of "Ahhhh" relief when she walks through the door of her house and sleeps in her own bed that first night back? Does our home and family create a sense of peace and stability that welcomes and envelops her as plays and lives throughout each day?  Does she feel challenged to grow, but at the same time embraced and loved for who she is? I pray that she knows that she Belongs.

Does my husband sense welcome and rest as he walks in the front door after a long day?  Does he feel the joyous liveliness that life with a preschooler brings while still having the freedom to unwind?   Does the atmosphere at home spell warm retreat and not tension and frustration?  It is my desire that he knows that he Belongs.

And what about our guests?  Do they feel at home when they come over?  Do they feel welcomed and embraced and relaxed?  Does our house meet that cheery balance of clean but not sterile, orderly but lived-in, peaceful but not too quiet? I hope each person feels that he or she Belongs.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

i feel that same way when i come home. It's like a big, warm embrace saying just "Be". Enjoyed reading this!

GranthamLynn said...

Beautifull written. Wonderful thoughts. We need to all make our families feel as welcome as a guest!

Julie Lewis said...

Thanks for your kind comments, Marvia and Grantham!