Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Farmers' Market Finds

Our local farmers' market launched a terrific program this summer for kids.  Just for signing up and showing up each Saturday, kids ages 4-12 get 2 free wooden tokens worth $1 each, good toward any produce.  The best part is that the kids get to keep the tokens from week-to-week and save them up!  I take Jacie with me every Saturday that I'm in town, and so far we've gleaned summer squash, eggplant, and green beans -- all farm-fresh and chemical-free -- for free!

Last night's chicken-crust pizza boasted all veggie toppings as a result.


(The summer squash missing on this one; I forgot to take a pic before we devoured it!)

I followed this recipe for our green beans

and paired them with Conroy's famous jerk-sauced chicken! (Both dinners adhere to my low-carb living life-style.)

Yay for farmers' markets featuring local produce!  And yay for finding free healthy-eating deals!  

No comments: