Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dreaming a Different Dream

I dreamt of picket fences, marriage right out of college, and a neat, orderly life.
Instead, God sent me to China, allowed me to be single, and opened my eyes to a great, big world.

I dreamt of finding fulfillment in children of my own, raising up an army to serve the King.
Instead, God limited my offspring and opened doors of outreach.

I dreamt my dream of life.
Instead, God gave me His.


Today our household increases by one more.  
One more sweet, possibly scared Korean teenager looking for a place to stay in a strange, new land.  That makes five of us, no two ethnicities alike. 
That makes our house about as multi-cultural as you get with a Jamaican, an American, a "Ja-merican," a Chinese, and a Korean.  
Our "household of faith."  
The one I didn't dream of, but the one that fills my heart with joy and with PURPOSE today. 
 God's dreams are better than mine.  
Always.