Monday, February 3, 2014

Snow Day!

Like the clean, white blanket outside my window, 

the day yawns ahead of me...unexpectedly blissfully empty of outside responsibilities and obligations.  

What shall I do with such luxury

 I smile to myself at the mere luxury of the glorious thought 

of minutes not spoken for, 

of hours not already devoured.

 It's a snow day.

Possibilities and plans whirl through my head for inspection. Should I plan ahead -- work ahead on school and church related lesson planning?  Should I cozy up to my computer and a mug of half coffee, half hot chocolate and enjoy the freedom to just veg?  Perhaps today will be a combination of all of the above.  Anything is possible in this day of limitless potential.

First order of business is the little girl impatiently and excitedly searching for outdoor clothes, asking to be "bundled up" to go out and play in the snow.  So she does and I wait for her to come back, smelling of fresh winter air, damp and cold, looking for hot cocoa with marshmallows.

It's a snow day!

2 comments:

itali614 said...

Love that girl and the snow!

Julie Lewis said...

Jacie and Fiona made a snow man, but couldn't get the sled working.... Guess it wasn't the right kind of snow for sledding? What did your kids do?