Friday, May 2, 2014

Five Minute Friday: MESS

I love the country song "What a Beautiful Mess I'm In!" because that describes the way I view the mess of my daughter's toys, 
                           of un-dusted shelves,
                                    of a sink piled with dishes, 
                                                of sauce spots on the linoleum, 
                                                          of toothpaste streaks on the bathroom mirror...
 It's a beautiful mess. 
A mess that represents a life spent more in soul-nurturing than in cleaning.  

A life spent sitting on the sofa reading favorite storybooks to my little girl.

A life spent opening our home to international students for whom cooking is a connection to home,.

A life spent talking and laughing with my husband in the evening hours instead of cleaning.  


No, my house isn't a pigsty.  I do clean sometimes.  But it's not spotless either.  And I'm okay with that.

Because I want my life to be more about the memories made in the mess than in existing in a sterile environment.


5 comments:

Julee said...

I loved your Five-Minute Mess ;-) Good for you and your daughter! God bless,

Lisa said...

Good for you! Lovely post. I remember being so aggravated at all my sons' shoes that were always cluttering up the area around my front door. When they left home that empty spot made my heart ache for those shoes to be there. Enjoy that mess!!!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I love that you have your priorities where they are. Perfectly said! Good on Ya!

Unknown said...

Great post! Life is about living and making memories. Thanks for sharing.

Julie Lewis said...

Thanks for your kind and encouraging comments! And thanks for stopping by!