Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Learning Adventures at Home

Tuesday, August 26

Today Jacie asked to color, and I gave her a choice between numbers, shapes, and letters.  She chose this rectangle worksheet.  Because she can read the directions by herself, she was able to complete the whole worksheet with no input from me.

(I did help her with the 5.)

I'm so excited that she's writing on her own!  A few months ago, I tried to encourage her to write short words, and she protested with "I can't!"  Now she's writing on her own without being asked!

Other activities today included PlayDough art, and educational TV =  Sesame Street with the letter "I" and Daniel Tiger discussing how to handle feelings/emotions, specifically frustration.  

We also talked about money denominations and values after Jacie asked for coins to put in her newly painted cupcake bank.  She earned a nickel by cleaning up the living room for me!

No comments: